-->

Thursday 2 November 2017

Only three days to go to that exciting bonfire night.  How well I remember making a guy, helping to build a bonfire, and watching those magical fireworks lighting up a dark sky! 

Here is one poem about bonfires........ but do visit my website:  www.brendawilliamspoet.co.uk for two more bonfire night poems called
'Bang! Crack!' and 'Bonfire Night'.

 

                     Crackle! Splutter! Sizzle!



Crackle

says the bonfire

Glowing very bright

Crackle, crackle crackle

I am lighting up

the night.

 

Splutter

says the garden fire

burning up damp leaves

Splutter, splutter, splutter

I am smoking through

 the trees.

 

Sizzle

 say the sausages

I am on the barbecue

Sizzle, sizzle sizzle

I’ve a sausage here

 for you!


 
© Brenda Williams 2012

 




 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment